How can we improve Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)?

Seach in TFS Team Room

Enable search in Team Room on www.visualstudio.com, or attach the message in Team Room to Work Item (By Id, #<Id>) generate a record on the log of Work Item.

57 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Emerson Lopes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • fargs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an obvious feature missing from team rooms. It should be top of the list.

• Michael Caron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature alone is why we are considering a move to HipChat onPremise over Team Rooms. I can't believe this is not in the pipeline already... just thinking we'll have to wait for it.

• RS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't care if there's a skype integration or anything. The result is what counts. And I need a searchable chat just like Slack.

Need another argument? Github has it.

• Cronje van Heerden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was excited about the prospect if moving all our team discussions out of Skype/Lync into TFS, to not lose all that knowledge .. until I realized there's no search ...

We're using a multi-tenant Lync instance, so we don't have persistent chat as an option - and we're now having to head down the road of adopting Hipchat for our team IM conversations.

I know it's difficult making software - but it really shouldn't be so difficult to mash together something usable between the massive IP's of Lync and Skype, Live messenger etc.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be fantastic, similar to the conversation feature in VersionOne

• Tim Schaeps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would love it! (e.g.: I know somebody asked me let's say 30 days ago, but I want to check it without knowing the date and/or approximate date, a search would be great!

Feedback and Knowledge Base