How can we improve Team Services?

Seach in TFS Team Room

Enable search in Team Room on www.visualstudio.com, or attach the message in Team Room to Work Item (By Id, #<Id>) generate a record on the log of Work Item.

57 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • fargsfargs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an obvious feature missing from team rooms. It should be top of the list.

• Michael CaronMichael Caron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature alone is why we are considering a move to HipChat onPremise over Team Rooms. I can't believe this is not in the pipeline already... just thinking we'll have to wait for it.

• RSRS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't care if there's a skype integration or anything. The result is what counts. And I need a searchable chat just like Slack.

Need another argument? Github has it.

• Cronje van HeerdenCronje van Heerden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was excited about the prospect if moving all our team discussions out of Skype/Lync into TFS, to not lose all that knowledge .. until I realized there's no search ...

We're using a multi-tenant Lync instance, so we don't have persistent chat as an option - and we're now having to head down the road of adopting Hipchat for our team IM conversations.

I know it's difficult making software - but it really shouldn't be so difficult to mash together something usable between the massive IP's of Lync and Skype, Live messenger etc.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be fantastic, similar to the conversation feature in VersionOne

• Tim SchaepsTim Schaeps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would love it! (e.g.: I know somebody asked me let's say 30 days ago, but I want to check it without knowing the date and/or approximate date, a search would be great!

Feedback and Knowledge Base