Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services)

Announcement: Towards the end of this month, we will move ideas to the Azure DevOps Developer Community where users already report and track their issues. The move is aimed at providing a single platform for all your feedback and improve your engagement with our product team. After the move, this UserVoice site will become read-only and new suggestions can be added on Developer Community.

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Azure DevOps and Team Foundation Server (TFS), so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The VSTS Team

How can we improve Azure DevOps?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow automated tests written in Nunit and Xunit to be associated to Test Cases

Allow automated tests written in Nunit and Xunit to be associated to Test Cases. Currently only Automation written in Visual Studio Unit Test Framework / MStest can be associated to Test Cases. See Attached image.

140 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow for query of the test case's outcome in TFS

It would be great to be able to see the results of each individual test case in a list for a custom selection using the query tool inside TFS. Currently, in TFS 2015 you can only view the pass/fail status per test suite and not per test case.

Please make the outcome field for the test cases available for queries based on the last outcome.

107 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add possibility to delete a Load Test from VSTS

I'm not able to find the button in the portal to delete a load test. My list is getting quite cluttered with Load Tests as I try them out a lot, and I would love to be able to delete them from the portal.

79 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • enable changing the order of test cases on the web gui and let them be tested in this order for automated tests

To create an order for automated tests, Ordered tests have been the recommended way. However, users have requested automated tests to follow the same order as defined in MTM or the equivalent in Web (for non parallel 1 machine run). Opening this Uservoice item to see how many users would be interested in this functionality.

69 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • auto generate bugs after a automation test run

After my automation tests are run, I want any failed test case to automatically generate a bug report and place it on the specific person of my choise. I want this to be an easy option in test manager that could be configured in the test manager GUI. No coding required so my testers easy could configure it.
            And attachments should be possible to be added as well.

40 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Enable UI Map Hierarchy editing in Coded UI Test Editor

The Coded UI Test Editor introduce in Visual Studio Feature Pack 2 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg269474.aspx) has great potential. Many times when recording control, the heirarchy created to represent nested control sometimes gets constructed incorrectly. For example, I may have nested UI structure like A->B->C->D and wish to interact with D. Many times the constructed UI Map will be lobotomized and only contain B->C->D or C->D when creating an interaction with D. What is odd about this is that Microsoft's UI Spy tool contained in the Windows SDK always gets the proper hierarchy. My suggestion is two-fold. Employ the UI Map…

38 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

As explained in this blog post (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2015/10/08/how-we-use-user-voice-to-make-a-better-product.aspx), we had updated the status of this suggestion to “Under Review” to let you know we are tracking it on our backlog. To better indicate which one we are actively working on or which ones are on our 6-month plan, we introduced the states “Started” and “Planned”. The goal is to give an update on in progress suggestions at least every 3 months. This suggestion is still on our backlog, but they are not part of the 6-month plan.

Ewald Hofman

• Add option to stop QTAgent by the Test Agent if for example 5 minutes no test is run

If some test for some reason doesn't cleanup its playback(Playback.CleanUp()) the Test Agent which run the test becomes unusable until its restarted or QTAgent is killed. In Visual Studio 2010 there is an option "Keep test execution engine running between runs" it will be very useful if its possible to set this on the Test Agents or Test Controllers.

38 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

As explained in this blog post (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2015/10/08/how-we-use-user-voice-to-make-a-better-product.aspx), we had updated the status of this suggestion to “Under Review” to let you know we are tracking it on our backlog. To better indicate which one we are actively working on or which ones are on our 6-month plan, we introduced the states “Started” and “Planned”. The goal is to give an update on in progress suggestions at least every 3 months. This suggestion is still on our backlog, but they are not part of the 6-month plan.

Ewald Hofman

• Add review process for test cases

We currently have a test case review process outside of TFS. I would prefer to have a test review process as part of TFS, similar to the code review functionality.

34 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Support for SCVMM 2016 in TFS 2017 (Lab Management)

Currently, we are limited to Windows Server 2012 R2 hyper-v hosts and SCVMM 2012 R2, which is the latest supported version with TFS 2017 Lab Management. We would like to see support for SCVMM 2016 in the next TFS updates. Thank you!

32 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Allow creating unit test playlists that include entire classes instead of only individual test methods

Right now the "unit test playlists" feature (added in VS2012.2) lets you create a list of individual tests (i.e. methods) to be run. However, we are adding new methods every day, which means the playlists would constantly need to be updated.

It would be great if I could add an entire test class to a playlist, rather than only individual test methods.

32 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• "Test Run" step not detected in Test hub when in Task group

In my release definition, i wanted to group some step into a Task group, including the "Test Run" step, but if i do that i'm not able to run the tests from Test hub anymore. It is like the system doesn't detected the step anymore.
                        Could you handle this using Task group ?

31 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Include support for phpunit test results and code coverage

PHP powers a large signification proportion of the internet, support should be included for phpunit test results (junit is suppported however junit output from phpunit is not accepted (reason unknown)). also the publish code coverage widget should accept the clover/phpunit xml formats.

30 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Power BI content pack support for visualizing the current status of Test Runs and Test Case execution

Please add the ability to query Test Run and Test Case data in the PowerBI Content Pack for VSTS. Specifically, I'd like the ability to:

1. See the execution history of my Test Cases
                            2. See the test execution status of my Test Cases grouped and rolled up by Epic -> Feature -> PBI

30 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Alert for failed Unit Test Runs

in TFS 2015.2 there’s still a big gap in alerting about unit test runs.
                              It is absolutely not possible to inform only a single person or a single development team about unit test runs which let the build result only “partially”. If you have more than 30 different unit test runs from different development teams configured to be executed with the build it is very impractical to inform just the right people/team.

Why there's no ability to create a default alert like "a Unit Test Run failed for the x time”?

30 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Allow test playlists to be used by TFS build servers

There are lots of ways of organising tests in Visual Studio, by class, traits, namespace, playlist but none of these can then be used in a build definition. For instance a Continuous Integration build should only run unit tests however there is no way of specifying this in the Build Definition

30 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Choosing a new UIMap when you create a Coded UI Test from existing test recording

It will be a better feature to choose a different UIMap when you create a coded UI test from an existing recording or Test and Lab manager. Currently, you have to edit the UIMap to move some code in another UIMap and it's not very funny !

30 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Ewald Hofman

• Allow using of ## characters in MTM Lab Management for unique VM names

Using of "ComputerName-##" pattern in SCVMM OS template lets increment part of VM name while it creating to provide unique names, but Test Manager doesn't recognize ##-characters like it does with '*' symbol and returns an error "Computer name conflict" when I try add new environment with several machines. When I set the "Computer Name" in the SCVMM template to * , computer name automatic generating becomes enabled, but I don't want to flood my network with machines named utter gibberish. Trying to use a blank name prevents me from saving the template.So, let's allow MTM using of ## characters…

29 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Cloud Load Test, Application Insights and Windows Azure - Better Together Guidance

I would like to provide a guide to answer two simple questions:

1) Does my application support *** users?
                                      2) If not, what do I have to do?

We could create a guide teaching how to combine Cloud Load Test, Application Insights and Windows Azure in order to show how to answer these questions.
                                      • What scenarios should I consider for my Load Test?
                                      • How many agents do I need? How to know if the agents are over capacity?
                                      • How to distribute the user load?
                                      • All my requests returned HTTP 200. Is it good? Cache / CDN…

29 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • 28 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • VSTS: Run Functional Tests - UI tests: Make it possible to request a specific screen resolution

To enable automated UI testing, it shoulod be possible to run a UI test (either Coded UI test or e.g. using Selenium) in a headless session in a specific resolution.
                                          If a UI test is executed on an Azure VM, the default resolution is always 1024x768, which doesn't really cover reality anymore. It would be very useful to be able to automatically test a web application for certain resolutions (to cover mobile, standard desktop, and HiDPI).
                                          As it is possible to 'request' a resolution for an RDP session to an Azure VM, it should be possible to equally request this…

26 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services)

Feedback and Knowledge Base