Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services)

Announcement: This forum has been migrated to provide you one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. You can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas in the Azure DevOps Developer Community. To learn more about the migration please check out the release blog post

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Azure DevOps and Team Foundation Server (TFS), so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The VSTS Team

How can we improve Azure DevOps?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't require text phone

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366552/dont-require-text-phone.html
    Offer Email as well as Text to authenticate. I don't own a text-capable phone, and would like to begin working with DevOps, but can't get an account because of the text requirement

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Administration & Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Make the menu bar of the Test Case page's Steps section static

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
      https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366551/make-the-menu-bar-of-the-test-case-pages-steps-sec.html
      Make the menu bar of the Test Case page's Steps section static, so that when we scroll down to see steps that do not fit in the Steps section, we are always able to format any of our content displayed in the 'Action', 'Expected result', and/or 'Attachments' columns without having to scroll back up to the top to access the menu bar. (see screen shot)

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • open release in new window

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366550/open-release-in-new-window.html
        When you kick off a release and you get the message saying
        <Release Name> has started, please could the link open in a new window ?

Whilst working through release issues, I think it might be handy not to have keep navigating back and forwards through pages.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Release Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • pull request

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366549/pull-request.html
          Our environment is
          DQA -> QA -> Prod
          DQA = auto CD
          QA = Gated approval from test
          Prod = Gated approval from

We do not have multiple DQA environments so when we complete a PR, it goes to a build definition that builds and auto deploys to DQA.

Our workflow is such that Proposed->Thinking -> Developing->Testing->Closed - ie. our In Progress states
          are thinking about it, doing it, testing to make sure it worked.

Rather than the checkbox for Closed Work Items…

11 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Repos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Put emojis are thumbs up or down symbols for work items.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366548/put-emojis-are-thumbs-up-or-down-symbols-for-work.html
            like github issue has the different kind of emoticons associated with the issue. like thumbs up down, or heart.

So that you can assess how important it's for the people who follow the bug.

Currently I see the hit count in workitems or bugs, but I don't know how that's used.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow the Outcome field to be added to inside a test case

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366547/allow-the-outcome-field-to-be-added-to-inside-a-te.html
              Allow the Outcome field to be added from within a test case. When navigating to a linked test case from the User Story there is no way to mark it without going to the Test Plan

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Test  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • I would like to have possibility to query for work items with no tags

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366546/i-would-like-to-have-possibility-to-query-for-work.html
                I would like to have possibility to query for work items with no tags

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Work Item Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Artifacts

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366545/artifacts.html
                  Greetings,
                  It would be great if timely and current artifacts for each customer project could get historic and current artifacts for situational awareness on the new projects they pick up. This occurs when management wants a flash cut of services. Technicians and Engineers become immediately responsible for systems they have never seen or worked with.
                  Regards,
                  Richard

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Artifacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Get rid of that new screen that asks where I want to go!

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366543/get-rid-of-that-new-screen-that-asks-where-i-want.html
                    Every time I move between the Sprint view and the Query view, it has started asking me where I want to go - which my team have noticed as I sudenly swear a lot through the day! I get the following options:
                    "Continue where you left off; My favourite Srptings; My Team Sprints; All Sprints", and similar for queries. This never used to exist - I would just go straight back where I last was. This has added dozens of extra clicks each…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards and Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Improved Code Review visibility

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366542/improved-code-review-visibility.html
                      Link Code Review requests as related work items to the task/bug upon request for better visibility.
                      Currently you can find the work item from the code review but not vice versa.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make Deployments with more accurated description including the correct deployed version

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366541/make-deployments-with-more-accurated-description-i.html
                        When a release is triggered and deployment created I can only see wrong version of branch deployed. It is possible to do not show primary marked release but only show last branch and version deployed. It causes a confusion because only shows primary artifact and not the deployed

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow changing code from within a Pull Request

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366540/allow-changing-code-from-within-a-pull-request.html
                          In a typical PR there are usually comments requiring large changes as well as those requiring small changes (nit-comments, typos, code style, etc.). Right now for those small changes, you can make the changes by going to the code browser, clicking "Edit", and committing the change.

It'd be awesome if we could just make these changes in-line in the PR and commit them from there as part of 'Resolving' a comment thread.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Version Control (Git/TFVC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Release pipelines - allow me to copy variable text and value from a release that has already run

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366539/release-pipelines-allow-me-to-copy-variable-text-a.html
                            Release pipelines - allow me to copy variable text and value from a release that has already run.

Currently, double clicking on the variable value does not copy the full text, it just copies the selected text.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Control who is allowed to use the REST APIs

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366538/control-who-is-allowed-to-use-the-rest-apis.html
                              We need a security control at the Org level to allow who can interact with the platform via the API. (tool, service, users, etc....registration types).

We need to control deal with our concerns about rougue scripts or tools others write going off the rails and affecting more of the product and data than was desired.
                              One bad code loop could destroy everything in a project.

Would be best if there were settings that allowed these controls at a feature level (Boards, Tests, etc)

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Allow Tags/Header section to be minimized

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366537/allow-tagsheader-section-to-be-minimized.html
                                Our project automatically adds a lot of long tags to each bug. This takes up a lot of space that can not be scrolled or minimized.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add description field to the Analytics Views for exporting to power bi.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366536/add-description-field-to-the-analytics-views-for-e.html
                                  I believe this should be a simple field to add. Convert the multiple line field to just a single line string Ex: how the "Teams" tab does it in excel. Having this field exposed will allow us do a far better job reporting on projects.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards and Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Link Pull Request to Work Items using the REST API

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366535/link-pull-request-to-work-items-using-the-rest-api.html
                                    I can do everything I need to do with pull requests programmatically except add work items to the pull request; I still need to go to the GUI for that. It'd be great if there were a way to do this.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make work item rules = "Value in field cannot be ..."

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366534/make-work-item-rules-value-in-field-cannot-be.html
                                      In order to help enforce certain state flows and actions taken during workflow we need a rule to ensure the value in a field is not XXXXX when the condition occurs (like a state change)

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can we allocate Delivery Plans in TFS2015?

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366533/can-we-allocate-delivery-plans-in-tfs2015.html
                                        How about the organization where I work with TFS2015? Would there be any way to use your extension Delivery Plans in TFS2015?

I thank your attention

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • In Azure DevOps Wiki, allow team members to be tagged within a page, and they are notified when their names are refrenced

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366532/in-azure-devops-wiki-allow-team-members-to-be-tagg.html
                                          In Azure DevOps Wiki, allow team members to be tagged within a page, and they are notified when their names are referenced

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 264 265

Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services)

Feedback and Knowledge Base