Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services)

Announcement: This forum has been migrated to provide you one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. You can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas in the Azure DevOps Developer Community. To learn more about the migration please check out the release blog post

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Azure DevOps and Team Foundation Server (TFS), so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The VSTS Team

How can we improve Azure DevOps?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Q&A Similar to MSDN Forums or Stack Overflow for Teams To Azure DevOps

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366480/add-qa-similar-to-msdn-forums-or-stack-overflow-fo.html
    I think it would be great if Azure DevOps had some kind of Q&A functionality where users could pose questions and receive answers. This way it would be possible to build up a searchable repository of questions and answers related to projects, which would be a great complement to the wiki.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Share button across all pages

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
      https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366297/share-button-across-all-pages.html
      Many pages through vsts/Azure Devops are very useful to share. e.g. I've just created a bug and want to ping somebody with the link; I've created a PR and again I want to send to that to someone; updates to the release definition can be shared with a deeplink to the definition with the team.

Throuhgout Azure DevOps, there is no consistent "Share" button where I can click it and have the link copied to my clipboard (or on mobile, have the OS…

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Change Project icon in new navigation

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366277/change-project-icon-in-new-navigation.html
        Please provide a way to change the project icon/Image in new Navigation.

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow adding comments/emojis when a reviewer approves pull request

When a reviewer approves a PR, it shows up on the Overview timeline as "Approved by ABC". Sometimes getting an approval is so exciting that the person who created the PR would like to thank the other person or react in some other manner.

Adding the capability to responding to that message in text or emojis in the Overview timeline will add a fun element.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support code change notifications on files (instead of just folders)

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366117/support-code-change-notifications-on-files-instead.html
            Currently, I can create notifications for myself when someone creates a PR that touches a folder in source control. I'd like to be able to filter these to touching a specific file, if possible.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add "Like" button in Discussion

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366089/add-like-button-in-discussion.html
              Adding a "Like" button in the Discussion area would give readers the ability to quickly acknowledge that a post was read/agreed to without having to type out a response until an update is necessary.

8 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Generate random profile background color based on a unique attribute other than name

Right now the random profile background color looks like it is assigned based on hashing the name. Unfortunately we have many people in the company with the same name, so having the background color doesn't help with figuring out which person is the right one.

I think it should be hashed based on the email address which is guaranteed to be unique.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make it so that no permissions are required to report a problem

I tried to report a problem with Visual Studio Team Services and was told I don't have the permissions to do so. It doesn't seem like you should be blocking feedback. I wonder how many others' voices have been silenced by some bizarre permissions issue.

There should be a way for everyone to submit a bug without any chance of it being blocked.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Dedicated Bulk SMTP Server | Cloud Email Server | Mass Mail Servers

Now its easy to high volume transactional or promotional emails. You can send now unlimited/millions of emails to your subscribers/email lists with smart tracking features using our cloud smtp servers.
                    https://www.cloudsmtpservers.com/dedicated-smtp-servers/

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Teams Notification Rather Then Email

It would be really handy to get my VSTS notifications in Teams rather then email.

For example, if someone mentions me in a Work Item, notify ➡ me in Teams not email 😊

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• To create Developer or any team member's performance logs KPI

The VSTS has so much of information in terms of developer or any team member working on it. My idea is these days it is very difficult for any team member to give the details of task or achievement he has worked on month on month basis. My idea is to gather this information in VSTS as per personalised logged in developer or team member. Suppose I fix one issues end to end there can be provision in work item to assigned to my achievement based on objectives. Say for example I worked on 4 stories , 20 defects, made…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• VSTS Marketplace: add a "favorite" or "bookmark" option

On the VSTS Marketplace (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/) please add an ability to "favorite" or "bookmark" an extension.

There are lots of extensions that sound very useful, but I don't have time to install right now. It would be nice to be able to favorite these so I don't forget about them. Ideally this feature would be available both on the main VSTS page (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/), and the individual page for an extension (example: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms-devlabs.RollUpBoard).

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add open graph (OG) tags or other markup to allow apps such as Skype to create previews of tickets

Many sites support OG tags or Twitter card tags to allow messaging apps, etc. to create quick previews of content. Creating simple OG tags for each ticket would make sharing tickets much easier. For instance, at Skype, where I work, we often share short links to tickets. Being able to see the ticket's title (and other info such as who it's assigned to, status, priority, and so on) would be immensely useful!

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can you also include a chat function for faster collaboration?

Can you also include a chat function for faster collaboration?

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Inform developers of updates in hosted agent

Email us when there is update in the hosted image. For instance, C++ compiler updated to new version, Visual Studio updated, new SDK is installed, etc.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Because no in Italian Languages for few time for my work and hard studies all day

Italian language an often any programs are difficult and their applications no correct, t would take simple programs and properly filter and order their functions, such as mail, photos, videos and folders but I do not exist with outlook I have problems because it does not correctly mismatch incoming mail and creates problems like photos. Time is short ...

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Language Convert Component

For example, if you want to input your mother tongue into a text input

component and press the convert switch so that you can translate it

into a foreign language at a later time, you might want to have a

component that can be translated into a foreign language and

deployed immediately (use of a translator)

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Integrate Hangouts Chat

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365928/integrate-hangouts-chat.html
                                      Add Hangouts Chat to the target of service hooks.

10 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Award Nomination and approval System

This will boost team members to get motivated.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• INSTALL VISUAL STUDIO 2017 IN D DRIVE

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365922/install-visual-studio-2017-in-d-drive.html
                                          VS installs gigs of data on C. Does MS not know what, "Install on drive D" means?

13 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5

Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services)

Feedback and Knowledge Base