Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services)

Announcement: This forum has been migrated to provide you one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. You can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas in the Azure DevOps Developer Community. To learn more about the migration please check out the release blog post

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Azure DevOps and Team Foundation Server (TFS), so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The VSTS Team

How can we improve Azure DevOps?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow changing code from within a Pull Request

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366540/allow-changing-code-from-within-a-pull-request.html
    In a typical PR there are usually comments requiring large changes as well as those requiring small changes (nit-comments, typos, code style, etc.). Right now for those small changes, you can make the changes by going to the code browser, clicking "Edit", and committing the change.

It'd be awesome if we could just make these changes in-line in the PR and commit them from there as part of 'Resolving' a comment thread.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Version Control (Git/TFVC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • markdown collapse

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
      https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366530/markdown-collapse.html
      Add collapse/expand support for markdown editor.

We use the bot to send a big chunk of build statistics like bundle sizes via comments. But we also don't want the comment to be too long for people hard to scroll. Please consider provide collapse/expand support for the markdown so we can make the comment shorter when collapsed

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Version Control (Git/TFVC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • multiline commit mesage

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366509/multiline-commit-mesage.html
        multiline commit mesage should be indicate
        we have to hover now to check if commit message is multiline

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add comments to a PR before creating it.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366489/add-comments-to-a-pr-before-creating-it.html
          Sometimes I explain bits about my code using PR comments. It would be nice to be able to add these before creating the PR which automatically sends an email to my team and people look at it.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adobe Robohelp integration

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366476/adobe-robohelp-integration.html
            Is there any connector which integrate Adobe Robohelp with Azure DevOps, we are currently using TFS MSSCCI Provider to integrate RoboHelp with TFS 2015

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Git in VSTS: Rename in an update of a file added in a pull request not properly visualized

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366462/git-in-vsts-rename-in-an-update-of-a-file-added-in.html

If you have an existing file in the repository, then modify, commit and create a pull request, the first update shows up as just a diff of what's changed. If you then make modify, rename and commit, your Update 2 will also show up as a diff along with noting the rename.

However, if you create a new file and commit your first update shows each line of a file as being added (also correct), but if then you modify, rename and commit,…

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide API similar to Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Discussion.Client for Git

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366441/provide-api-similar-to-microsoftteamfoundationdisc.html
                Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Discussion.Client library is intended for working with TFVC. Please provide similar REST API and/or client library for Git source control.
                Preferably, with an ability to query discussion threads and comments independently from associated pull requests. For example, REST method GET _apis/discussion/threads with several filtering parameters (by user, by repository, by commit, etc).

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Posting Feedback issue in VSTS

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366428/posting-feedback-issue-in-vsts.html
                  I was trying to provide a feedback, clicked out of the dialog just to point out an example and the window went away with all the text I had already typed in it. So I basically wasted my time trying to be informative on what I think you guys should address to make the product better.

Please fix that for God's sake.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• History of LoggedIn user in VSTS.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366424/history-of-loggedin-user-in-vsts.html
                    Is there any way to view history of operations performed by User in VSTS. For Eg: I would like to see buils and release pipeline I have created by me. or GIT repositories I have created/deleted.
                    If not please arrange this functionality. It would help to review all operation I have performed.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pull request comments should be private to the reviewer until complete

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366404/pull-request-comments-should-be-private-to-the-rev.html
                      When reviewing a pull request, newly added comments by a reviwer should be batched and only sent once the reviewer completes a review (accept/reject). This provides the reviewer an opportunity to evaluate all comments holistically before sending them out. Currently reviewers can opt to not press the "Comment" button, but that leaves the comment at risk of being lost when the reviewer navigates away from the file or closes the web page. There are times when developers immediately respond to feedback posted on…

13 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Version Control (Git/TFVC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add build status to pull requests list

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366398/add-build-status-to-pull-requests-list.html
                        I would like to see the build status of a pull request in the pull request list.

It is useful for teams with gated check in to see at a glance to see why pull request aren't completed automatically and which pull requests are blocked by a failed build.

The build status is already visible on the pull request page, but there is no way to view it for all opened pull requests at once.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Alow to modify comments on history

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366393/alow-to-modify-comments-on-history.html

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Do not allow new updates when pull request is approved

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366392/do-not-allow-new-updates-when-pull-request-is-appr.html
                            We're facing this issue when contributors are able to push unreviewed changes after their pull request was approved as per the branch policy.

Branch policy option "Rest code reviewer votes when there are new changes" helps upto some extent but the problem is it actually resets all the feedback and if the author pushes new changes, reviewers have to review all over again. In branch policies where at least a few reviewers are required, this creates overhead for reviewers to review the same…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Schedule pull request completion

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366380/schedule-pull-request-completion.html
                              I'd like to be able to schedule a pull request to complete at a specific time. Sometimes I have a change ready to go on a Friday afternoon, but I don't want to check it in yet because it has risky changes which can't be validated by our CI system. In this case, I'd like to be able to schedule it to complete on Sunday so that it will be available in the build on Monday, but if it does break the build,…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add an option to only receive "pull request updated" notifications if I've already voted

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366372/add-an-option-to-only-receive-pull-request-updated.html
                                In order to decrease the number of pull request notification emails I receive that I just ignore, I'd like to be able to create a rule so that I only get the "update pushed" notifications for pull requests that I've already voted on.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add extensions points to the PR "Approve" menu

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366370/add-extensions-points-to-the-pr-approve-menu.html
                                  Add extension points (group ids) to the PR "Approve/Reject" menu.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• I cannot follow your product because it keeps being renamed. I find old pages that refer to new pages with different information.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366369/i-cannot-follow-your-product-because-it-keeps-bein.html
                                    It seems like everything is changing with Microsoft. I try to learn about TFS and then it is renamed to VSTS. I am ok with that, then I come back and now it is Azure DevOps. Now i have to figure out what to read to do what I am trying to do to port into your cloud.

Support for things like Eclipse was attractive since that is what most of our developers use. Early on it looked like Microsoft supported this. Now…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• pull request email subject line

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366364/pull-request-email-subject-line.html
                                      We receive a lot of emails for pull requests. However, there is nothing in the subject line to say what type of message is in the email. We often get 5 or 6 emails for the same PR which creates a lot of noise. Minimally, adding the word 'created' to the initial create message for the PR would allow us to filter out the review requests in our inbox vs. informational messages about the PR. Trying to scan the HTML body does not…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Branch Policies: Automatic Reviewers: Require at least one

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366359/branch-policies-automatic-reviewers-require-at-lea.html
                                        I have a few git branches where I'd like to require at least 1 of 3 specific people to approve it. The current branch policies don't give me this option. I only have the options to require all 3 or make all 3 optional.

6 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Version Control (Git/TFVC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Show file mode changes (e.g., git add --chmod +x) in PR and commit diff views

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/366353/show-file-mode-changes-eg-git-add-chmod-x-in-pr-an.html
                                          The various diff views with a file list (e.g., the PR Files view, the Git commit view) do not show file modes or file mode changes. Consider showing this information somewhere. A file that has just had it's mode changed doesn't even appear in the files list. My co-workers asked me why I submitted an empty PR when I bulk added +x to our shell scripts due to this lack of visualization.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45

Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services)

Feedback and Knowledge Base