How can we improve Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)?

VSO Support @currentIteration+-1 for next or past iteration

currently there is no way to identify next iteration and Past iteraton. ideally we assume @currentIteration +-1 should work.

Use case: 1.We need our user stories to be approved for next iteration, before we start work. Now as VSo just support @currentItertion, we need to manually update our query every 2 week.
2. Once iteration is over, we performed iteration review, again we have to manually change the query(@currentIteraton-1) or something generic to achive the same will be too useful

379 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

aRCHANA aDITI shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marius Strom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really love to query Iteration Path < @currentiteration to find things assigned to iterations before the current one..

• Michael Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature as well but the problem is that @currentIteration + 1 is not a value that can be determined unless you put restrictions on how iterations are defined. You might name your iterations Sprint 1, Sprint 2, Sprint 3, etc but others don't . We use a 2 digit values that resets each year. There is no reliable algorithm that could determine iteration + 1.

You could argue that it should be date based, and that would probably be the better option. But iterations can overlap within the same project. Iterations may not even have dates (backlogs, for example).

I would like to see this feature implemented but I think the rules of last, next should be defined first.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this feature available yet? This shouldn't be that hard to deliver..

• Russ Rolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my voice to saying I would like to also see this. In the mean time is there a work around

• chitra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, there is no easy way to view the current iteration and past iteration

• Sonya Kotov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't stop at @currentIteration+1 - supporting @currentIteration + 2,3, maybe 4 would be nearly as easy and super useful!

• Freya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would very much use this. Would also love to be able to say "all past iterations" as an include/exclude query option. Or "all future iterations."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very nice to have, however, when working on this, I would like to see the Team Foundation Add-In to Excel regocognize @currentiteration as well as the @currentiteration +n or -n

• Rick Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be helpful in many ways. For example, to support our planning process by showing what Work Items need to be estimated and addressed in future iterations. Also could be used to exclude future Work Items from queries that look back in time. Seems like an easy addition to query syntax with a great payoff!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same need for a TFS On-Prem installation. It would be tremendously beneficial!

• aj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Immensely needed for better planning ahead of sprints.
        Please implement ASAP, given its a small functionality with so much ROI.

• Savi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visual Studio Team –With the high emphasis on Continuous Planning process (N, N+3, N+6 backlog), we need the solution to have clear distinction between current iteration and future iterations work.

Also, while reviewing the VSTS Hygiene and checking Invalid Sprint, we are unable to fetch the open workitems from the previous iterations.

Please have this feature prioritized at the earliest.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base