How can we improve Azure DevOps?

VSO Support @currentIteration+-1 for next or past iteration

currently there is no way to identify next iteration and Past iteraton. ideally we assume @currentIteration +-1 should work.

Use case: 1.We need our user stories to be approved for next iteration, before we start work. Now as VSo just support @currentItertion, we need to manually update our query every 2 week.
2. Once iteration is over, we performed iteration review, again we have to manually change the query(@currentIteraton-1) or something generic to achive the same will be too useful

475 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

aRCHANA aDITI shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

78 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rick Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature does not work when running the query from Visual Studio. It is not a fully integrated solution. Running queries from Visual Studio is the only way to get results into a spreadsheet for further manipulation. So, Azure DevOps query features need to work in Visual Studio. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I need get @currentIteration, @currentIteration+-1 via .net api. I searched and tried code below but it did not worked.
        var currentDate = DateTime.Now.Date;
        var currentIterationPath = iterations
        .Select(i => new { i.Path, i.Attributes })
        .FirstOrDefault(i => currentDate >= i.Attributes.StartDate &&
        currentDate <= i.Attributes.FinishDate)
        ?.Path;

Colud you please help?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the 70 or so comments on the topic already, has no one from VSTS dev team responded or commented on it? @FutureIteration, @PastIteration, @CurrentIteration -N/+N would be most helpful.

• Marius Strom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really love to query Iteration Path < @currentiteration to find things assigned to iterations before the current one..

• Michael Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature as well but the problem is that @currentIteration + 1 is not a value that can be determined unless you put restrictions on how iterations are defined. You might name your iterations Sprint 1, Sprint 2, Sprint 3, etc but others don't . We use a 2 digit values that resets each year. There is no reliable algorithm that could determine iteration + 1.

You could argue that it should be date based, and that would probably be the better option. But iterations can overlap within the same project. Iterations may not even have dates (backlogs, for example).

I would like to see this feature implemented but I think the rules of last, next should be defined first.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this feature available yet? This shouldn't be that hard to deliver..

• Russ Rolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my voice to saying I would like to also see this. In the mean time is there a work around

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base