How can we improve Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)?

Restore "Missing" TFS Power Tools functionality in VS/TFS 2017

With the removal TFS Power Tools for the 2017 release there are some significant features absent from Visual Studio 2017.

Find by status (server workspaces) allowing you to search for a users checkouts.

On the command line: online, scorch and treeclean don't appear to have any equivalents. These commands are very useful when automating the import/export of objects to or from TFS.

94 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

OraDotNet DevOraDotNet Dev shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For the Find by Status feature, we’re working on an extension to add this capability back to VS. We don’t yet have an ETA for the availability, but I’ll update here when it’s ready.

For tfpt online, scorch, and treeclean, the functionality has been replaced by tf reconcile. If you use tfpt {command} /help, you’ll see a message about the specific options to use to get equivalent functionality with tf reconcile.

Tfpt uu doesn’t have a replacement in tf.exe. The old tfpt commands should continue to work against newer versions of TFS and VSTS.

Thanks,
    Matt Mitrik
    Program Manager | VSTS

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon