How can we improve Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)?

Let us create multiple collections on Visual Studio Team Services

As an organization with 25+ developers and 15+ ongoing/supported projects for several customers, we need the ability to group our team projects into different project collections.

I am sure we are not the only ones.

1,136 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas Kalve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Work is still ongoing (was delayed due to other priorities) for our plan to bring multiple accounts (collections) backed by the same Azure AD into an organization. We are now looking at 2018 H2 for bringing this to a public preview. I will be able to provide a more precise timeline update around May 2018.

Rajesh Ramamurthy
    Program Manager – VSTS & TFS

132 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yadel Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most wanted feature by our development team. The local government I work for supports over 1000 applications. Gradually, new projects should are moving from TFS to VSTS. However, having all developers being able to access all collections is not the most ideal solution. I cannot wait for this feature to be included.

• AdminVSTS Team (Product group, Microsoft Visual Studio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work is still ongoing (was delayed due to other priorities) for our plan to bring multiple accounts (collections) backed by the same Azure AD into an organization. We are now looking at 2018 H2 for bringing this to a public preview. I will be able to provide a more precise timeline update around May 2018.

Rajesh Ramamurthy
        Program Manager - VSTS & TFS

• cmpenney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like access to this as well. We have over a hundred projects and having in one group is very difficult to manage. Not to mention that some projects really don't need to be accessed by all developers.

• Ponz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are looking for a solution around this in my company and this feature would help us think in different dimension support the best ways and practices that we could implement at different org levels

• Brendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, we've been creating multiple VSTS instance to address this limitation. Not ideal, so this feature would be a game changer for us.

• Anshul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VSTS Team,

Can you let me know the availability date for this customer preview? We are longing for this feature, and it would enable our enterprise migration in a better way to VSTS.

Appreciate your response on the comment, thanks!

• Maz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please include me in the private beta too. When is this expected please?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base