How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Edit comments on ticket's discussion

at tfs page, the ticket's discussion comments can't be edited, i would like to edit the comments because of typos or other things.

720 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Emilio Font shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

136 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just started using VSTS by force at my new workplace. Had Jira at our last place. Pretty exiting that this basic functionality, wanted since 2013 at least, haven't been released yet. And I love Ewald Hofman, Program Manager for VSTS, answer. (flip out admin's answers). Super douchy.

• Robbert Brussaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our teams also like to be able to edit and delete comments. The comment/discussion system seems to be outdated.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be done ASAP. How is this basic functionality not included already? This would be embarrassing to me if I had left this functionality of our product and how this made it through to release for this long baffles me. It appears this ticket was created in 2013. 5 years later we are still waiting on this basic functionality...

By the way, it's interesting that I can delete a comment here, but not in the DevOps app. Your admin comments related to "audits" and "revisions" are a cop-out. This would take nothing more than a non-user-editable ID field that designates a comment as having been superseded by a newer comment or "deleted" (if a zero is in that field). Really, this is not that hard, and we programmers do it every day. Keeping an audit history does not mean you can't enable edits or deletes, it just means keeping track of changes.

Here's another vote, asking you to enable something that is fundamental to the function of your app and which would take less than 24 hours of coding time in our shop, including testing and deployment. How could you allow this simple thing to fester so long?

please make this happen ASAP!!! This is a big flaw in the system not to be able to delete comments.

• a user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is not great. if you were to accidentally paste some credentials into a comment there'd be no way to remove them

Any update on when this will be released. We are considering moving our developers from Jira to VSTS, but this is one of their big complaints about VSTS. Would be nice to be able to tell them when this will be available.

• Army commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the fact that VSTS rebranded twice, but editing comments couldn't be done in the same time span. This thread opened in 2015 - almost 3 years ago now!!

• Umair Hassan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Common! This is basic thing i can make a typo error! We are humans at least edit option shouldn't have left out! Amazed.

• BasQue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this basic feature. At least edit your own (or your last) comments

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Signing the petition for a feature that every other commenting tool on every other platform ever has. Thanks!

• Francois Mongeau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edit/Deleting Comments would be great.
        Also: just want to point out that Description & Comment seems to be Rich Text (support underline, bold, italic) (eg ctrl-i for italic in MS-EDGE) and that is very useful to emphasize words, passages, etc... It even supports colors, highlighting & fonts but only when pasted from eg Word: there does not seem to be an easy/obvious way to change color/font. Right now, when I need special emphasis I edit the text in Word and paste it in the Description or Comment. Perhaps this is limited by the browser (Edge)'s capabilities.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base