How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Edit comments on ticket's discussion

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365434/edit-comments-on-tickets-discussion.html
at tfs page, the ticket's discussion comments can't be edited, i would like to edit the comments because of typos or other things.

737 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Emilio Font shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

155 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Monica M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic feature. It's very disappointing ...
        Please add this functionality as soon as possible.

• Christoph Haupt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This HAS TO BE A FEATURE in ADOS 2019 ( if i could i would vote for the 600+ TFS users of our enterprise

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous. How can this still not be done? When you are at it already, please add delete for comments right away as well. I'd be ashamed for not supporting this from the get-go.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing usesr to edit a comment is such an important and basic feature, all other major DevOps tools support it, plus almost all other software/services people encounter daily allows this too.

Coming from JIRA/Confluence, I spent 5 minutes on VSTS trying to find that "hidden" edit button because I can't believe it's not supported.

I understand there are architectural decisions made long time ago that make the implementation of this feature difficult, but as the other comments said here, please prioritize this feature, as it impacts 100% of the user. Thanks!

• Niklas Holma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shouldnt the most basic brick-work features be prioritized and implemented first? ... before the more advanced ones?

I need to edit my comments. I dont need a YAML pipeline creation experience.

• H@2dC0d32 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And please do not delay this to over engineer or create a modern discussion experience! Just pure "edit" and "delete" functionality would be a "small step for you but a big step for" the Azure DevOps community.
        I put the comment, I should be able to edit or delete it. The rest fancy/modern functionality can be put in a back-burner.
        Can I delete a source artifact? How are the comments more immutable than a source artifact?. Are comments implemented via a block-chain technology behind the scenes?

• Pontus Klamfeldt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moved from a legacy system to devops, and just found out that comments can’t be edited. very disappointed. (legacy system could of course edit comments….)

• H@2dC0d32 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VSTS team is one of the BEST @MSFT when it comes to listening to user-voice and improving the product.
        Either this request has a wrong impact statement which causes in low of the lowest priority, or it is due to a fundamental design issue down to the core of the product.
        There is no other way this takes 5 years to fix...
        Since March 12, there have been SO MANY updates to the product, which are seemingly much more substantial updates than this.
        I guess we need to socialize this more to increase visibility and help it get higher visibility.
        If Jira can do it, Azure DevOps can do better!

• Christian Hujer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just accidentally created a ticket with discussion instead of description. I've copied the discussion to the description, but I am unable to delete the now redundant discussion. Other systems support this, hope this feature comes soon.

I agree, I dont think it will take much time to give the edit functionality in the discussion forum. Please consider this very urgent.

+1 for this feature, it really is vital that edit comments is enabled in Azure tickets. Thank you

• Graham Bunce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

7 months since ‘we are finally thinking about it’ any more news on this new editing experience? I’d consider moving from our existing ticketing system but this is just plain embrassing to admit VSO can’t do this

Just started using VSTS by force at my new workplace. Had Jira at our last place. Pretty exiting that this basic functionality, wanted since 2013 at least, haven't been released yet. And I love Ewald Hofman, Program Manager for VSTS, answer. (flip out admin's answers). Super douchy.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base