Feedback and Suggestions for Visual Studio Marketplace?

Favorites

Thank you very much for removing the Visual Studio Gallery and replacing it with something that doesn't even half of the functionality. Instead of waiting for the ability to have different Favorite configurations, we now have to ask to just have Favorites. It is extremely obvious that none of you are Microsoft dog-feed the systems at all.

We need Favorites, multiple while you're at it, so that it is easier to rebuild systems, and/or share configurations with others that you are working with. I think its absolutely ridiculous that you can't even see what you've previously downloaded. Having a site that looks wonderful is completely useless, if it doesn't have the features needed.

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

William Bosacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should never have been forced over to the marketplace until it had the same capabilities as what it was replacing.

• Ilya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS forced us to use this "marketplace"... A long time passed but this useless site still doesn't have "favorites" or "downloads".

To make things more painful, even VS2017 doesn't support extension sync. Moreover, there is no roadmap to add VS2017 support in official Roaming Extension Manager extension.

• Tony Basallo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Favorites are a definite requirement. I used to track all the extensions I wanted to keep using and removed the ones that I didn't. While roaming in VS is nice, using favorites was a much better way.

Feedback and Knowledge Base