Visual Studio for Mac

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Visual Studio for Mac, so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Visual Studio for Mac Team

How can we improve Microsoft Visual Studio for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manage NuGet Packages

The NuGet Package Manager should match more of the features and feel of VS for Windows.
    1) I should be able to manage packages for the entire solution and select one or more projects I want to install a package to
    2) I should be able to consolidate any packages that mismatch
    3) I should be able to manage the packages installed on a single project. For instance maybe I am on version 1 of a library, and running update would bring me to version 1.3 and I want version 1.1

299 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  NuGet Package Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add SQL Server integration

Add SQL Server integration so that it's easier to build end to end mobile and web apps that contain Web API Core and Entity Framework Core.

278 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  14 comments  ·  SQL Server and Data Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Code formatting settings to match Windows counterpart

The settings to format code are not as comprehensive as the Windows edition of Visual Studio. If code is edited in both IDEs, source control diffs go out of control because each IDE is trying to format the code differently.

36 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →