How can we improve Microsoft Visual Studio for Mac?

Service Fabric Support

It would be AMAZING to be able to develop/debug/run Service Fabric applications on Mac.

Service Fabric runs on Linux, it'd be great to have a UNIX-like environment to work in!

96 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

aoetalks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since new SF upgrade to the version 3 and support of netstandard2.0 it's a bit easier than before. Full support is still missing, but You can get around it a bit. I personaly structure the solution in such a way that core functionality, contracts and presistence layers are strictly .net core and in separated projects, which mean: I can develop majority of stuff through unit/component/integration tests on my Mac since I'm able to execute the code actually.

But beeing able to deploy to the Linux based on premise Cluster and debug, well that would be super-cool.

• jgartee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

critical for seamless x-plat dev. half of our devs on our current project have and want to develop on their macs. No problem for Core, but azure services developed locally are more problematic.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just trying to hack it somehow, and thinking how amazing it would be out of the box. But I know this is more for SF team, rather than for VS for Mac team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base