How can we improve Microsoft Visual Studio for Mac?

Manage NuGet Packages

The NuGet Package Manager should match more of the features and feel of VS for Windows.
1) I should be able to manage packages for the entire solution and select one or more projects I want to install a package to
2) I should be able to consolidate any packages that mismatch
3) I should be able to manage the packages installed on a single project. For instance maybe I am on version 1 of a library, and running update would bring me to version 1.3 and I want version 1.1

321 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan Siegel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you planning on bringing the new client Library Manager that is in VS Preview 4 for Windows to VS for Mac?

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, seems that the extension does not work anymore. This is essential, and would be pretty handy ;)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matt Ward: "There is a NuGet Package Management Extensions recently published and available from the extension manager"

After installation, menu item "Manage NuGet Packages..." becomes available in the Project menu, but selecting it wont do anything. I would really like to see this feature as a default in VS.

• Matt Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a NuGet Package Management Extensions recently published and available from the extension manager which adds a Manage NuGet Packages dialog which allows you to manage packages at the solution level. It is not quite the same as the one in Visual Studio on Windows. This is an early prototype. Hopefully this or something similar will be integrated into Visual Studio for Mac in the future.

It also adds a PowerShell console which has a few problems since it uses Pash, which is not a full implementation of PowerShell, so some scripts will fail when they are run in the IDE. It is unlikely that the PowerShell console will make it into Visual Studio for Mac out of the box, at least not while it is using Pash.

Feedback and Knowledge Base