How can we improve Microsoft Visual Studio for Mac?

Node.js project support

Add support for Node.js similar to the implementation in Windows VS 15/17.

174 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kevin Reevers shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downloaded, I installed thinking "finally I'm going to use Visual Studio"...

But no, this does not work on mac ...

• Ish Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why it’s supported in Windows and not on Mac? Why it takes sooo long to add it? Is MS at least working on this?

• Sohail Haider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please work on Node.js integration for Mac. I'm a diehard fan of Visual Studio (not vs code). Would love to work on VS if MS push this issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow didn't realise this had been asked for so long ago. I can't vote and don't see it on the roadmap. Hey Microsoft, what's happening?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two years and this still hasn't been integrated? Microsoft can you wake up please? I really love Visual Studio IDE and would love to use it for Node.js projects

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using an archaic source control and was forced to use visual studio 2017 b/c VS Code doesn't integrate with TFS2012. So I get my React app working in vs2017 Community on my Windows machine and ready to commit. However, one of the members of the team uses a Mac. Why on God's earth is this not already supported for Mac. This is like a top 5 feature needed for modern programming. Angular, React, Node Servers, etc. is what everyone is doing. But for some reason Microsoft doesn't support Node.js in VS2017 for Mac! You ruined my day Microsoft with your laziness! You need to get this working immediately

• akliewer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty please add Node.js support to the Mac Community version, or at the very least add a comments on all Node.js screen shots that saids something like, "Not yet available on the MacOS version." After spending so much time downloading, this was extremely disappointing to discover!

• Bradley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's quite shocking that Visual Studio for Mac doesn't support Node.js and even worse that none of the verbiage on the download site admits that. Visual Studio Code is nice, but fails at multiple monitor setups (an Electron limitation, I know). Visual Studio seemed like a nice upgrade, but I'll be uninstalling it until you add Node.js support.

• Mahesh V P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would request you to please add these detail that it is not supported in user doc, and in download limitations.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base