How can we improve Microsoft Visual Studio for Mac?

Add support for SQL Server Data Tools

Please add SQL Data Tools support

239 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Mac Laptop and it is hard to get support for MS development products. Please improve this situation with better source documentation for Macs as it will help keep MS in use.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course microsoft released a useless product with key functionality missing... why am I even surprised. When you make vendor lock in the name of the game of course it makes sense to make all your products incompatible with other OS or software. Just tells me that sql server doesn't belong in any organization that is serious about their engineering practices and uses unix. A **** shame.

• Jared Rypka-Hauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a mandatory feature for any decent modern IDE... EVEN FREAKIN BBEDIT, VS CODE AND SUBLIME HAVE DB TOOLING...

• Brett Moan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously why even claim your IDE works, if crucial "visual studio only" features don't exist on the mac client?

SQL Server Data Tools, is a niche of development that can't be with any IDE other than Visual Studio. I can do text based development with any ol' text editor, but Development for anlaysis services is pretty tightly coupled with Visual studio, especiallythe actual Tabular and Multidimensional Cube development.

Please prioritize getting this working. Not getting it working, makes me want to find a different OLAP technology provider that isn't dependent on Microsoft as an Operating System.

ADD Support for SSDT to the Mac version of Visual Studio!!! Do it, do it, do it, do it!!

Please!!

• Peter Heller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add support for SQL Server Data Tools and SSMS for mac. I teach SQL server and some of the kids have macs. It would be great.

Please add SSDT in Visual Studio for mac.Its irritating to say the least , to keep a Windows VM for running SSDT.

If we want VS and .Net Core to be truly viable on macOS, we have to have a way to interact with our databases. Please add SSDT to Visual Studio for Mac.

SSDT is a must! :) It allows us to be truly cross-platform with our enterprise builds. Currently when we are traveling with our macs, we have to manually restore databases any time we make schema changes to the development database. It's a huge pain. SSDT's schema compare would be an immensely welcomed feature.

Please add SSDT to VSMac! Also, please update the SSDT page () to clearly state that it is not supported on VSMac.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base