How can we improve Microsoft Visual Studio for Mac?

Have the ability to publish to disk, and or FTP, not Azure only

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351842/have-the-ability-to-publish-to-disk-and-or-ftp-not.html
Currently I have to have Parallels installed with Windows VS 2017 in order to publish .Core on my dedicated server I use to test etc. Most clients do not have Azure and I need to be able to publish to their individual Windows servers...

92 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kenny Chen (Wicresoft) <v-kec@microsoft.com> told me to post that Visual Studio 2017 for Mac needs file and FTP publish.
        "As it is a by-design issue, you can tell the VS for mac product group about your suggest features to be added via UserVoice."
        I am having to run Parallels virtualisation with Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2017 to publish files.

Without publish option, visual studio for Mac is useless... If you do something, do it well please.

• Serdar Ergün commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature has to be even in the alpha phase. Why Microsoft always works on its own products. I condemn ...

• Rafael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visual studio for MAc. Deberia tener la opcioòn de Publicar a direcotorios o FTP no solo a Azure. Gracias!

Visual studio for MAc. You should have the option to publish to directorates or FTP not only to Azure. Thank you!

Yes please the publish option is a great feature in windows VS , and would be a really nice addition to the MAC version.

Your half way there ;)

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the point being able to develop .net on Mac if you can't deploy it?

Please please please get to work on this feature.

• A Mahmood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any plan to give publish option to File system. Without that there is no use of it.

• Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shocking typical Microsoft..... Yes heres a new piece of software, yes it costs lots, yes.... it doesn't work fully and there are a lot of feature you need that we just didn't provide....

• Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, this is crazy. I have internal servers that I can't publish my .net web project to? And I'm PAYING for the privilege?

• Badaru Din commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visual Studio for Mac is absolutely useless for .net web development without this feature...

• Julian Dormon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ARGHHH! No Visual Studio Team Services support and no Publish. What good is this software? Guess I will keep running Parallels Ugh :(

Agreed that this should be a given out of the box considering .net core is a cross platform tool

This should be a GIVEN! We should be able to publish to any platform and not Azure only. Except Microsoft is doing this to drive the Azure business? Hope not.... :-(

• Morten Borg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visual Studio for Mac is absolutely useless for .net web development without this feature...

Can't believe this is not standard behaviour. Publish to disk should be a must-have!

• Fredrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, cant believe this only got 1 vote.. This is really a beta/alpha product. So many critical features missing..

Feedback and Knowledge Base